Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Ultimate Football Hottie Tournament 1st Round (NFC)

Hi, hello & welcome back to the 1st round of the Ultimate Football Hottie Tournament! I'm Steve Cook, and I'd like to thank you for checking out the most important NFL-related tournament. Today we're doing the NFC side of the bracket.

In case you missed the Selection Show articles that explained what this was all about, here's Part 1 & Part 2  for more information on the participants. Here's a brief explanation of the rules:

-Every NFL team has a representative. The representatives are connected to the teams either by fandom, employment, or a connection to a player on the team.

-Seeds are determined by how the teams finished the 2014 regular season, and the brackets are divided by the NFL conferences & divisions. After the divisional rounds, the AFC East winner will go against the AFC North winner while the AFC South winner will go against the AFC West winner in the conference semi-finals. The same will apply to the NFC side of the bracket.

-The matchups will be voted on by the Ultimate Football Blog staff, consisting of Dustin James, Jeremy Lambert & myself.

NFC East

The NFC East always gets a ton of coverage from the media regardless of the quality of the teams. So they'll keep close eyes on our first matchup between one of Disney's finest & one of the world's finest tennis players.

#1 Dallas Cowboys: Demi Lovato



#4 Washington: Caroline Wozniacki



Jeremy Lambert: Demi is a legit Cowboys fan while Caroline loses points for just being attached to a player. I find Caroline more attractive, but there will always be a special place in my heart for all of the Disney Hotties. This is a tough call, but I'm going to go with Demi.

Dustin James: Caroline Wozniacki - Demi Lovato sucks.

Steve Cook: Jeremy wins the argument here handily, but I have to take a closer look at the bodies of work. I really like the punk look that Demi's been working lately, and she's overcome a lot of stuff to seem like a pretty darn good person, but there's something to be said for the fact that I now like watching Wozniacki tennis matches more than Sharapova tennis matches. Maria used to be the gold standard, but now it's Caroline.

Caroline Wozniacki advances 2-1

Is it fair for two people to share one spot? I say it is when they're twins. And with the reputation their opponent has carved out over the years, they'll need all the help they can get.

#2 Philadelphia Eagles: Nikki & Brie Bella



#3 New York Giants: Alyssa Milano



Jeremy Lambert: I'm pretty sure the Bella Twins couldn't name a single player on the Eagles roster. Two is usually better than one, but not in this case.

Dustin James: Nikki & Brie Bella - My favorites to win this whole thing. Two is always better than one, unless we're talking about something like sharks, bears, or children.

Steve Cook: Alyssa Milano is a Hall of Famer in my opinion, and if we're talking about the Charmed version of Milano I'd probably take her over both Bellas. But we're talking 2015. Also, I was on the Bella Bandwagon leading the Bella Army before Brie Mode was a thing & before Nikki got new Fearless boobies.

Nikki & Brie Bella advance 2-1

NFC North

The NFC North is usually one of the best divisions in the league, and I think it's one of the top divisions in this competition. Our first matchup pits the significant others of the current faces of two of the NFL's most storied franchises.

#1 Green Bay Packers: Olivia Munn



#4 Chicago Bears: Kristin Cavallari



Jeremy Lambert: Both ladies are attached to players, but Munn is just dating Aaron Rodgers while Cavallari is married to and has kids with Jay Cutler. Also, I loved the show Laguna Beach and while my best friend swooned over LC, I was always on Team Cavallari. And I'm on Team Cavallari for this battle as well.

Dustin James: Olivia Munn - Olivia is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. It also helps her cause that she has an absolutely awesome sense of humor and personality. She is my favorite to win the whole thing. I also don't know what a Laguna Beach is.

Steve Cook: I saw part of one episode of Laguna Beach & had to tap out. Munn has a more varied portfolio & was already a star before hooking up with A-Rodg. Back when she was on G4 people were saying she was a poser that didn't really like video games & comic books & things like that, but looking back now you can see that she helped break the gender barrier in geek culture. I bet she kicks Aaron's ass at Madden all the time. It's an easy pick for me.

Olivia Munn advances 2-1

The Lions & Vikings also have some WAG representation. The NFC North football players do pretty well for themselves.

#2 Detroit Lions: Marissa Van Noy



#3 Minnesota Vikings: Samantha Ponder



Jeremy Lambert: Battle of the Football Wives, I like it. Van Noy was Miss Utah, but Sam Ponder is Miss ESPN. Sam might be married to Christian, who is the Vikings back-up QB, but I can't even find Kyle Van Noy on the depth chart. Slight edge to Ponder.

Dustin James: Samantha Ponder - Dude. She's married to Christian Ponder. Let's throw her a bone......

Steve Cook: This was a pretty easy choice. Marissa's very attractive, but as the video below shows, Samantha's much better on television.



Samantha Ponder advances 2-0

NFC South

This year's NFC South may have been the worst division in the history of divisions. I think they represent better in this tournament, though it may be a bit top heavy.

#1 Carolina Panthers: Brooklyn Decker



#4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Amanda Borges



Jeremy Lambert: Not even close. Just like the Panthers ran away with the NFC South, Decker runs away with this match-up.

Dustin James: Brooklyn Decker - She was on "The League". That means she's automatically put through to the second-round. However, she was in an Adam Sandler movie so she probably should be disqualified from this whole thing.

Steve Cook: Adam Sandler still makes movies? Anyway, Decker was the easy choice here. The League is on my list of shows to watch after I go through Breaking Bad. Yes I know I'm several years behind on that.

Brooklyn Decker advances 2-0

Two of my all time favorites face off in this next matchup. If you grew up when I did & wasn't a huge fan of these ladies' work, I have to wonder if you were in fact a red-blooded male.

#2 New Orleans Saints: Britney Spears



#3 Atlanta Falcons: Jessica Alba



Jeremy Lambert: Holy hell, in the early 2000s, this would've been the match-up of the century. Now it's just a good first round battle. Both ladies are still looking good despite marriages and kids and while Alba is hotter, Spears definitely wins the fan battle. Spears was my childhood crush, so I'll give her the slight edge.

Dustin James: Jessica Alba - She's winning this whole thing. I'll be shocked if she doesn't.

Steve Cook: Jeremy's childhood crush was the same as my teenage dream. Back in the days of Total Request Live & boy bands & pop princesses topping the charts, you were either a Britney fan or a Christina fan. You could appreciate both, but you had to pick one over the other. I was a Britney fan. What can I say, her Catholic schoolgirl outfits & red catsuits spoke to me at a time when I was at my peak of teenage horniness & angst. The music appealed to me as well, I'll defend most of her catalog as being catchy as all get out.

Things went downhill after "Cry Me A River". Her later music wasn't really my cup of tea, and there was the business with day long marriages & K-Fed & all sorts of other uselessness that moved her down my list. It was bound to happen, I suppose. But she's back now, and looking as good as ever. As much as I enjoyed Dark Angel & respect Jessica's accomplishments outside of acting, she just can't compete with Britney's impact on my life.

I must say that I love the gimmick Dustin's working this round where he has everybody winning the entire competition. It's good stuff.

Britney Spears advances 2-1

NFC West

We wrap up the first round in the NFC West. There were two good teams in this division this year, and I think there are two legitimate contenders to go all the way here. They'll face off in the 2nd round barring an upset.

#1 Seattle Seahawks: Chrissy Teigen



#4 St. Louis Rams: Taylor Gorton



Jeremy Lambert: First off, Charissa Thompson should've represented the Seahawks. As much as I love Chrissy, she's not that much of a football fan, especially compared to Charissa. That said, Chrissy still wins this match-up.

Dustin James: Chrissy Teigen - I don't really know who either one of these ladies are, but Chrissy was on an awful MTV cooking show that I watched a few times so she gets the nod.

Steve Cook: I think Jeremy's take on this has something to do with the fact that Chrissy's married & Charissa isn't. I must admit that Chrissy's gone down my list since I saw her hanging out with Kayne & Kim at the Grammys, but that's a matter for another round.

Chrissy Teigen advances 2-0

Our final matchup of Round 1 pits the Cardinals against San Francisco. What is this, baseball?

#2 Arizona Cardinals: Lindsey Smith



#3 San Francisco 49ers: Alison Brie



Jeremy Lambert: Annie's Boobs

Dustin James: Lindsey Smith - This one was a coin flip. Seriously. That's how close it was.

Steve Cook: Lindsey's an attractive girl & I'd pick her over some people in this tournament, but Alison Brie isn't one of them. I'm just gonna link this article and rest my case. What a fantastic woman.

Alison Brie advances 2-1

Here's the updated NFC bracket!



Thanks for joining us, we'll be back soon with divisional championship action!

No comments:

Post a Comment