Sunday, January 11, 2015

2014-15 College Football Round-Up: BIG 12 Conference

The 2014-15 College Football Round-Up at the Ultimate Football Blog continues today with a look at one of the most controversial conferences in college football this past season. If you wanted drama, you got plenty of it in the BIG 12. Not only did the BIG 12 get "screwed" (depending on who you ask that is) by the College Football Playoff Committee (add two more teams, get a conference championship, and then we'll talk BIG 12), but their best team (TCU) came out and put a shellacking on Ole Miss to help further the argument that they should've been apart of the CFP. Unfortunately for BIG 12 and TCU fans, we'll never know how they would've done against the likes of Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida State. That wasn't the only drama in the BIG 12 though. We also saw a horrible down-year for two of the conference's biggest teams. Oklahoma (who a lot of college football experts had as a playoff team in the pre-season) and Texas both came out and laid an egg this season, especially the Longhorns. Those teams had better get things turned around quickly because they really could have helped strengthened TCU's argument to make the playoffs had they been better than they were. Oh, and we also saw teams part ways with incumbent head coaches (Kansas firing Charlies Weis....) because we just don't get enough drama in the BIG 12.

Anyway, here is how everything played out..........




BIG 12 Football



1st


TCU Horned Frogs

Record: 12-1 (8-1)

My Predicted Record: 10-3 (6-3)

Bowl: Peach Bowl vs. Ole Miss (Won 42-3)

My Predicted Bowl: Texas Bowl vs. Mississippi State (W)




2nd


Baylor Bears


Record: 11-2 (8-1)

My Predicted Record: 10-3 (7-2)

Bowl: Cotton Bowl vs. Michigan State (Lost 41-42)

My Predicted Bowl: Alamo Bowl vs. UCLA (L)




3rd


Kansas State Wildcats

Record: 9-4 (7-2)

My Predicted Record: 7-6 (5-4)

Bowl: Alamo Bowl vs. UCLA (Lost 35-40)

My Predicted Bowl: Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Marshall (L)




4th


Oklahoma Sooners

Record: 8-5 (5-4)

My Predicted Record: 12-1 (9-0)

Bowl: Russell Athletic Bowl vs. Clemson (Lost 6-40)

My Predicted Bowl: College Football Playoffs: Rose Bowl vs. Alabama (L)




5th


West Virginia Mountaineers

Record: 7-6 (5-4)

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-8)

Bowl: Liberty Bowl vs. Texas A&M (Lost 37-45)

My Predicted Bowl: No bowl game




6th


Oklahoma State Cowboys

Record: 7-6 (4-5)

My Predicted Record: 7-6 (4-5)

Bowl: Cactus Bowl vs. Washington (Won 30-22)

My Predicted Bowl: Liberty Bowl vs. Tennessee (W)




7th


Texas Longhorns

Record: 6-7 (5-4)

My Predicted Record: 11-2 (8-1)

Bowl: Texas Bowl vs. Arkansas (Lost 7-31)

My Predicted Bowl: Cotton Bowl vs. Notre Dame (W)




8th


Texas Tech Red Raiders

Record: 4-8 (2-7)

My Predicted Record: 7-6 (3-6)

Bowl: No bowl game

My Predicted Bowl: Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl vs. Air Force (W)




9th


Kansas Jayhawks

Record: 3-9 (1-8)

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (1-8)

Bowl: No bowl game

My Predicted Bowl: No bowl game




10th


Iowa State Cyclones

Record: 2-10 (0-9)

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (1-8)

Bowl: No bowl game

My Predicted Bowl: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment