Saturday, May 2, 2015

NFL Draft Review (so far).

The NFL Draft is a loooooooooooong and "boring" process for a lot of people. The last two days have been pretty hectic in the National Football League and a lot of fans can get confused by all the player movement. This column should help settle everything down for you (until your favorite NFL teams adds 4-5 more players today that is)......



NFL Draft 2015 Review (so far)





1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Picks:

(Round 1) Jameis Winston - QB, Florida State

(Round 2) Donovan Smith - OT, Penn State

(Round 3) Ali Marpet - OG, Hobart


My Favorite Pick: Jameis Winston

My Least Favorite Pick: Donovan Smith

Remaining Team Needs: OLB


The Bucs got the best quarterback in the draft, so they have to be happy with that at least. Where I'm struggling with the Bucs is the Donovan Smith pick. There are all sorts of draft pundits who question Smith's love for the game of football (one of the few traits that's hard to scout). Anytime someone's questioning your love for your profession, that's not a good thing. Ali Marpet was a solid selection in the third-round though. He's a small school kid who could blossom into an NFL star.




2. Tennessee Titans

The Picks:

(Round 1) Marcus Mariota - QB, Oregon

(Round 2) Dorial Green-Beckham - WR, Oklahoma

(Round 3) Jeremiah Poutasi - OG, Utah


My Favorite Pick: Marcus Mariota

My Least Favorite Pick: Jeremiah Poutasi

Remaining Team Needs: DE, DT, OLB, ILB


It's really hard to hate what the Titans have done so far. If they really turned down that deal that Philadelphia reportedly offered, than the Titans are stupid. I LOVE Mariota (as everyone knows), but he's far from a sure thing in the NFL and if the Eagles were willing to give you the farm for him....I don't know how you turn that down. Either way, I'm skeptical about Mariota's future in Tennessee. I think he's a good player, I just don't know if he's going to be surrounded with the kind of talent that he needs in order to be successful in Tennessee. Hopefully I'm wrong. The Titans did take a step in the right direction with the selection of DGB in the second-round. DGB has "first-round" talent with a "undrafted" brain, but if he can get his life together, he could end up being a gigantic steal for the Titans. I also like the selection of Poutasi in the third-round, but offensive line wasn't a huge area of need for the Titans (their offensive line is probably the best part of their team) and they probably should've grabbed some defensive help instead.



3. Jacksonville Jaguars

The Picks:

(Round 1) Dante Fowler - EDGE, Florida

(Round 2) T.J. Yeldon - RB, Alabama

(Round 3) A.J. Cann - OG, South Carolina


My Favorite Pick: Dante Fowler

My Least Favorite Pick: T.J. Yeldon

Remaining Team Needs: WR, CB, S


The Jaguars are another team that is having a solid draft so far. I loved the selection of Fowler in the first as the Jags were in dire need of some pass rush and Fowler is arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. I also like the selection of A.J. Cann in the third-round, but the T.J. Yeldon pick was a little confusing. I thought there were some better running backs on the board (Ameer Abdullah anyone?) that would've been a better choice for the Jaguars. Now they need to turn their attention to their depleted secondary.



4. Oakland Raiders

The Picks:

(Round 1) Amari Cooper - WR, Alabama

(Round 2) Mario Edwards - DE, Florida State

(Round 3) Clive Walford - TE, Miami


My Favorite Pick: Amari Cooper

My Least Favorite Pick: Clive Walford

Remaining Team Needs: RB, CB, S


I don't usually give the Raiders some credit, but this is the second year in a row that they have put together a solid draft. I love the Amari Cooper pick as he was one of my favorite players in the draft. I also liked them taking Mario Edwards in the second. The Raiders are putting together a pretty formidable defense and Edwards should have an impact immediately. The one pick I didn't really like was the Walford pick as I think this draft is extremely thin at tight end and I thought that Oakland had bigger needs to fill.



5. Washington Redskins

The Picks:

(Round 1) Brandon Scherff - OT, Iowa

(Round 2) Preston Smith - DE, Mississippi State

(Round 3) Matt Jones - RB, Florida


My Favorite Pick: None

My Least Favorite Pick: Matt Jones

Remaining Team Needs: DT, CB, S


I'm not a fan of what the Washington Redskins have done so far. I think they've reached with every single pick they have made, including the selection of Scherff in the first. I understand that Scherff was a big area of need for the Redskins, but I don't think he was worth the 5th overall selection and I think Washington could have moved back a few spots and still took Scherff and ended up with another draft pick as well. The reaching didn't stop there as they continued to take players at positions where I had other players ranked higher. Maybe the Redskins just know something that we don't? 



6. New York Jets

The Picks:

(Round 1) Leonard Williams - DE, USC

(Round 2) Devin Smith - WR, Ohio State

(Round 3) Lorezno Mauldin - EDGE, Louisville


My Favorite Pick: Leonard Williams

My Least Favorite Pick: Devin Smith

Remaining Team Needs: S, QB


I love what the Jets have done so far. Leonard Williams is going to be a beast in this league and he found himself on the perfect team. That defensive line is just downright scary (with all due respect to the Houston Texans) and the addition of Williams in the first and Lorenzo Mauldin in the third gives the Jets some fantastic players on that side of the ball. The Jets are still hurting at quarterback though, which is why the Devin Smith pick didn't really make that much sense. Smith is a one-trick pony (he's extremely good at tracking deep balls and catching them) who will need a gunslinger in this league in order to succeed. Unfortunately for him, Geno Smith is not a gunslinger. 



7. Chicago Bears


The Picks:

(Round 1) Kevin White - WR, West Virginia

(Round 2) Eddie Goldman - DT, Florida State

(Round 3) Hroniss Grasu - C, Oregon


My Favorite Pick: Hroniss Grasu

My Least Favorite Pick: Eddie Goldman

Remaining Team Needs: OLB, ILB, CB


Chicago is another team that I absolutely love what they have done so far. I love the Kevin White pick in the first as he gives the Bears a legit playmaker to line-up opposite Alshon Jeffery. If you're going to keep Jay Cutler, you need to keep him happy (an unrealistic task?) so the Bears succeeded there. I also love the Grasu pick. Grasu was a longtime starter for the Oregon Ducks and there's no question he will be a good NFL player. The Bears will be able to line him up alongside fellow Oregon Duck Kyle Long and be happy for 10+ years. I don't hate the Eddie Goldman pick in the second as he's incredible value there, but the Bears had bigger needs. 



8. Atlanta Falcons


The Picks:

(Round 1) Vic Beasley - EDGE, Clemson

(Round 2) Jalen Collins - CB, LSU

(Round 3) Tevin Coleman - RB, Indiana


My Favorite Pick: Tevin Coleman

My Least Favorite Pick: Vic Beasley

Remaining Team Needs: DE, DT, TE


The Falcons have had a "meh" draft so far. I wasn't a big fan of the Vic Beasley pick in round one as Beasley has big time "boom or bust" appeal and the Falcons can't afford to once again gamble on a pass rusher. They need the closest thing you can get to a sure thing in that area and Beasley is far from that. The selection of Jalen Collins in the second was a good one as a lot of draft experts thought he could have been a first-rounder and the Falcons got good value with the Coleman pick in the third-round. I think he'll be a starter in this league for many years.



9. New York Giants

The Picks:

(Round 1) Ereck Flowers - OT, Miami

(Round 2) Landon Collins - S, Alabama

(Round 3) Owa Odighizuwa - EDGE, UCLA


My Favorite Pick: Landon Collins

My Least Favorite Pick: Ereck Flowers

Remaining Team Needs: OG, CB


Let's not beat around the bush here people. The Giants pulled a "Stretch Armstrong" when they reached for Ereck Flowers in the first-round. I had Flowers as a second-round talent and the Giants took him with the 9th pick when there was clearly more talented players ahead of him. Not the best pick I've seen. I did love the Giants trading up to grab the best safety in the draft in Landon Collins and I also liked the pick of Owa in the third. Now, if you could just go back and switch that first-round pick to someone else.....



10. St. Louis Rams

The Picks:

(Round 1) Todd Gurley - RB, Georgia

(Round 2) Rob Havenstein - OT, Wisconsin

(Round 3) Jamon Brown - OT, Louisville

(Round 3) Sean Mannion - QB, Oregon State


My Favorite Pick: Todd Gurley

My Least Favorite Pick: Jamon Brown

Remaining Team Needs: WR, OG, CB


I don't really know what to make of the Rams draft so far. Yes, I loved the selection of Todd Gurley in the first. I know I've been adamant about not taking a running back in the first-round, but I think Gurley was worth it as I have a feeling that he can blossom into an "Adrian Peterson" type player and who wouldn't want that? I'm not exactly sure why the Rams took back-to-back offensive tackles (they took Greg Robinson in the first last year as well....), but they better hope that at least one of them pans out. I also like the selection of Sean Mannion as I feel he has the potential to be a career back-up in the NFL who will show some flashes. Will he turn into the type of QB who can lead a team to the playoffs? I highly doubt it. Will he win you some NFL games? You're damn right he will. 



11. Minnesota Vikings

The Picks:

(Round 1) Trae Waynes - CB, Michigan State

(Round 2) Eric Kendricks - LB, UCLA

(Round 3) Danielle Hunter - DE, LSU


My Favorite Pick: Trae Waynes

My Least Favorite Pick: Danielle Hunter

Remaining Team Needs: OG, OT


I love what Minnesota has done thus far. They've addressed two big areas of need (CB and LB) and also ended up with arguably the two best players at those positions. That's a successful draft right there. Fortunately for Vikings fans, it didn't stop there as Minnesota got themselves another good player in Danielle Hunter in the third-round. I like the Hunter pick, but I don't love it because the Vikings did have other areas of need (offensive line!) they probably should have focused on.



12. Cleveland Browns

The Picks:

(Round 1) Danny Shelton - DT, Washington

(Round 1) Cameron Erving - OL, Florida State

(Round 2) Nate Orchard - EDGE, Utah

(Round 3) Duke Johnson - RB, Miami

(Round 3) Xavier Cooper - DT, Washington State


My Favorite Pick: Danny Shelton

My Least Favorite Pick: Duke Johnson

Remaining Team Needs: DE, ILB


Cleveland, what is wrong with you? Why are you guys actually putting together a solid draft class once again? Say what you want about the Cleveland Browns, but they seem to always make headlines on draft night and they are doing it once again. With 5 picks in the first three rounds of the draft, Cleveland has had the opportunity to make their football team significantly better and I think they've succeeded in that. The selections of Shelton and Erving were fantastic in my opinion. I also loved the Browns adding Nate Orchard and Xavier Cooper in the third. Shelton, Orchard, and Cooper should make the Browns much better on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively though? The Browns are still a dumpster fire and the addition of Duke Johnson doesn't make them better. It just confuses things further.




13. New Orleans Saints

The Picks:

(Round 1) Andrus Peat - OT, Stanford

(Round 1) Stephone Anthony - LB, Clemson

(Round 2) Hau'Oli Kikaha - EDGE, Washington

(Round 3) Garrett Grayson - QB, Colorado State

(Round 3) P.J. Williams - CB, Florida State


My Favorite Pick: P.J. Williams

My Least Favorite Pick: Stephone Anthony

Remaining Team Needs: DE, DT, TE


I don't know what to make of the Saints draft so far. I wasn't a fan of their first-round selections as I think they reached for both guys. I did like their selection of Kikaha in the second-round as he should blossom into a fantastic player. Where the Saints really got some good value for the future is in the third. They surprised everyone when they took Garrett Grayson, and now they have their QB of the future to groom behind Drew Brees for a few seasons. I also love the P.J. Williams pick as he was a first-round talent who fell due to off-the-field concerns, but if he can curb those...he'll be a steal here for the Saints. 




14. Miami Dolphins

The Picks:

(Round 1) DeVante Parker - WR, Louisville

(Round 2) Jordan Phillips - DT, Oklahoma


My Favorite Pick: DeVante Parker

My Least Favorite Pick: Jordan Phillips

Remaining Team Needs: OG, OT, ILB, OLB


The Dolphins only had 2 picks in the first three rounds of the draft and really can't afford to blow these picks. I love DeVante Parker as he was one of my favorite players in the draft and a guy I was really hoping would fall to the Chiefs. I did like the Jordan Phillips pick in the second-round, but I think Miami had bigger needs to fill. The Dolphins didn't have a third-round pick and they are extremely light at linebacker in a linebacker-heavy draft. Instead of Phillips, they should have focused on an edge rusher. 



15. San Diego Chargers

The Picks:

(Round 1) Melvin Gordon - RB, Wisconsin

(Round 2) Denzel Perryman - LB, Miami

(Round 3) Craig Mager - CB, Texas State


My Favorite Pick: Denzel Perryman

My Least Favorite Pick: Craig Mager

Remaining Team Needs: C, OG, OT, DE


I'm a fan of what the Chargers have done so far. I loved them trading up to grab Gordon in the first-round. If they feel Gordon was the guy they needed, they had to go up and get him. Plus, he gives Rivers a legit running back, something he hasn't had in awhile. I absolutely love the selection of Perryman in the second-round. He could end up being the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year next year. Watch out for that guy. Where I pump the brakes on the Chargers draft is the selection of Craig Mager. I felt that there were better corner's still available and the Chargers reached a bit for him. San Diego had better focus on shoring up their offensive line now otherwise it could end up being a LOOOOOONG season for Rivers and Gordon. 



16. Houston Texans

The Picks:

(Round 1) Kevin Johnson - CB, Wake Forest

(Round 2) Bernardrick McKinney - LB, Mississippi State

(Round 3) Jaelen Strong - WR, Arizona State


My Favorite Pick: Jaelen Strong

My Least Favorite Pick: None

Remaining Team Needs: OT, OG, S, QB


Congrats Houston Texans. You guys have absolutely nailed this draft so far. Love every pick you've made. Give yourselves a big time pat on the back, especially if you can pick up a few offensive lineman and find a way to get Bryce Petty (a local in-state product) on your roster. 



17. San Francisco 49ers


The Picks:

(Round 1) Arik Armstead - DL, Oregon

(Round 2) Jaquiski Tartt - S, Samford

(Round 3) Eli Harold - EDGE, Virginia


My Favorite Pick: Eli Harold

My Least Favorite Pick: Arik Armstead

Remaining Team Needs: CB, DT, ILB


The 49ers once had one of the most loaded rosters in the NFL. It took only one season for that to implode in their faces. Now they are left picking up the scraps and trying to re-build without actually re-building. The selection of Arik Armstead in the first-round was one that I like for obvious reasons (I'm a Ducks fan for crying out loud....), but it's a gamble by the Niners. Armstead is a BEAST, but he also never reached his full potential at Oregon and there's some people questioning whether or not he even has "it". The pick of Tartt in the second-round was a good one as I had Tartt labeled a "second rounder" and he's an area of need for SF. I also love the Eli Harold pick as he had first-round talent and was a steal in the third.




18. Kansas City Chiefs

The Picks:

(Round 1) Marcus Peters - CB, Washington

(Round 2) Mitch Morse - OL, Missouri

(Round 3) Chris Conley - WR, Georgia

(Round 3) Steven Nelson - CB, Oregon State


My Favorite Pick: Marcus Peters

My Least Favorite Pick: Mitch Morse

Remaining Team Needs: S, OT


I like what the Chiefs have done so far. I absolutely love the Marcus Peters pick. He had a legit chance of being the top corner taken in this draft, but some character concerns caused him to drop. If there's any coach in the NFL who can master guys with character concerns, it's Andy Reid. I'm not worried about him and I think he'll end up being a stud in the NFL. I also love the Chris Conley and Steven Nelson picks. Those are both "under-the-radar" moves that could end up having tremendous benefits for the Chiefs down the road. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Mitch Morse selection, but he's a local kid who the Chiefs have probably done plenty of homework on so they know what they are getting. 



19. Buffalo Bills

The Picks:

(Round 2) Ronald Darby - CB, Florida State

(Round 3) John Miller - OG, Louisville


My Favorite Pick: Ronald Darby

My Least Favorite Pick: John Miller

Remaining Team Needs: QB, OT, OLB, ILB


The Bills get a giant "F" for this draft. Not only do they not have a first-round pick (minus points in my eyes every time), but they have also failed to address any of their big needs with their first two picks of the draft. If that wasn't bad enough, they also don't have a fourth round pick and will be waiting around for awhile before they pick again. That's not an ideal position for a team that still has a lot of needs. Take the draft more serious Buffalo. There's a reason you haven't even been in the playoffs in 10+ years.




20. Philadelphia Eagles

The Picks:

(Round 1) Nelson Agholor - WR, USC

(Round 2) Eric Rowe - CB, Utah

(Round 3) Jordan Hicks - LB, Texas


My Favorite Pick: Eric Rowe

My Least Favorite Pick: Jordan Hicks

Remaining Team Needs: S, QB


The Eagles get an "F" for this draft for not walking away with Marcus Mariota. However, let's look at the other side of things. They still ended up with a pretty good player in Nelson Agholor, a guy that Chip Kelly is more than familiar with. I love the selection of Eric Rowe in the second-round. He's a guy the Eagles can line-up at corner or safety and will likely be happy with his production. The one pick I question is Jordan Hicks as I thought there were better prospects still available at that position. But, I never question Chip Kelly because he's the smartest guy in the business.



21. Cincinnati Bengals

The Picks:

(Round 1) Cedric Ogbuehi - OT, Texas A&M

(Round 2) Jake Fisher - OT, Oregon

(Round 3) Tyler Kroft - TE, Rutgers

(Round 3) Paul Dawson - LB, TCU


My Favorite Pick: Paul Dawson

My Least Favorite Pick: Cedric Ogbuehi

Remaining Team Needs: DT, DE, CB


Apparently the Bengals are just sleep walking through this thing. Their first-round pick will likely end up being a bust. Cedric Ogbuehi is coming off an injury and he went from potentially being the first overall pick in the draft, to someone who should have slid all the way to the second-round. I actually like the Bengals selection of Fisher in the second-round more than the Ogbuehi pick and don't be surprised if Fisher ends up the better player. The Tyler Kroft pick was a decent one. The Bengals have a need at tight end and even though this is a weak draft for that position, Kroft was one of the 3 best in the draft. I love the Paul Dawson pick as he really should have been a second-rounder in my opinion. Don't be shocked if this kid has a great NFL career.  



22. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Picks:

(Round 1) Bud Dupree - LB, Kentucky

(Round 2) Senquez Golson - CB, Ole Miss

(Round 3) Sammie Coates - WR, Auburn


My Favorite Pick: Bud Dupree

My Least Favorite Pick: Senquez Golson

Remaining Team Needs: ILB, DT


The Steelers know they aren't forced to draft someone from the SEC, right? Either way, I like what they've done so far. I love the Bud Dupree pick as I think he's one of the best pass rushers in the draft and fills a huge need for Pittsburgh. The only pick I really question is the Golson one as I thought there were better corners still on the board when the Steelers took him. Then again, Pittsburgh has a history of nailing defensive draft picks, so what do I know?



23. Detroit Lions


The Picks:

(Round 1) Laken Tomlinson - OG, Duke

(Round 2) Ameer Abdullah - RB, Nebraska

(Round 3) Alex Carter - CB, Stanford


My Favorite Pick: Ameer Abdullah

My Least Favorite Pick: Laken Tomlinson

Remaining Team Needs: C


I'm not a fan of what the Lions have done so far. I think they reached for Laken Tomlinson in the first-round. He was more of a second-rounder in my opinion and if the Lions really valued him, they should have tried to trade back and grab him later in the first and picked up a little something extra on the side. I love the Abdullah pick as he should be the starting running back in Detroit next season, and the Alex Carter pick puzzles me as he wasn't the best corner available in my opinion. 



24. Arizona Cardinals


The Picks:

(Round 1) D.J. Humphries - OT, Florida

(Round 2) Markus Golden - DE, Missouri

(Round 3) David Johnson - RB, Northern Iowa


My Favorite Pick: Markus Golden

My Least Favorite Pick: D.J. Humphries

Remaining Team Needs: ILB, OLB, TE


Speaking of drafts that I haven't been a fan of up to this point. I don't like what the Cardinals have done so far. I think Humphries is an extremely unpolished player who will struggle early when he's asked to start immediately. He was more of a second-round guy in my book. I also wasn't a fan of the David Johnson pick considering Jay Ajayi was still on the board and is a better player in my opinion. The Cardinals really needed to nail this draft to get over that hump and they've been a big disappointment so far. 



25. Carolina Panthers


The Picks:

(Round 1) Shaq Thompson - OLB, Washington

(Round 2) Devin Funchess - WR, Michigan


My Favorite Pick: Shaq Thompson

My Least Favorite Pick: None

Remaining Team Needs: DE, CB, S


A lot of people aren't going to like what the Carolina Panthers have done thus far, but I do. They get two players who will contribute next season. Shaq Thompson can play anywhere on-the-field and will be a big contributor in special teams. Devin Funchess is the perfect guy to line-up opposite Kelvin Benjamin and gives Cam Newton another big target to throw to. Like I said, a lot of people won't like what Carolina has done, but I guarantee these guys will contribute to this team in a big way. 



26. Baltimore Ravens


The Picks:

(Round 1) Breshad Perriman - WR, UCF

(Round 2) Maxx Williams - TE, Minnesota

(Round 3) Carl Davis - DT, Iowa


My Favorite Pick: Carl Davis

My Least Favorite Pick: Breshad Perriman

Remaining Team Needs: CB, S


I love what the Ravens have done thus far. I like the Breshad Perriman pick in the first-round. Perriman slipped a bit in the first and the Ravens were lucky to grab him and shouldn't miss Torrey Smith a whole hell of a lot next season. He does drop his fair share of passes and has a big "boom or bust" factor, but at this point it's worth it to roll the dice. I also like the Maxx Williams pick in the second as the Ravens traded up to grab the best tight end in the draft and got him. An under-the-radar pick is the Carl Davis one. The Ravens traded Haloti Ngata in the off-season and Carl Davis is one of the most underrated guys in the draft. Don't be surprised if he's an absolute stud for the Ravens.



27. Dallas Cowboys


The Picks:

(Round 1) Byron Jones - CB, UConn

(Round 2) Randy Gregory - EDGE, Nebraska

(Round 3) Chaz Green - OT, Florida


My Favorite Pick: Byron Jones

My Least Favorite Pick: Chaz Green

Remaining Team Needs: RB, S, DE


The Cowboys got a good player when they took Byron Jones in the first-round. He was the "Combine Stud" this year and should contribute in a big way for Dallas next season. The Cowboys also got a hell of a player with the selection of Randy Gregory in the second-round, but this one is a gamble folks. Gregory has a lot of character concerns and he's going to a locker room that is full of volatile personalities. To say I'm worried about this kid's future (regardless of his talent) would be stating the obvious, but he could end up paying off big for the 'Boys if he can keep his shit together. I wasn't a big fan of the Chaz Green pick as I felt Dallas had bigger needs (RB) and could have gotten a better player other than a potential back-up offensive tackle.



28. Denver Broncos


The Picks:

(Round 1) Shane Ray - EDGE, Missouri

(Round 2) Ty Sambrailo - OT, Colorado State

(Round 3) Jeff Heuerman - TE, Ohio State


My Favorite Pick: Shane Ray

My Least Favorite Pick: None

Remaining Team Needs: DT, OG


It pains me to say this, but I like what the Broncos have done so far. They traded up in the first-round and got a guy who has the talent to be a top-10 pick in the draft, but dropped due to various reasons. If he ends up playing like a top-10 pick, this could be a huge steal for the Broncos. I'm also a fan of their other two picks as they ended up with good players that filled needs. I was really hoping the Broncos would blow this thing, but that damn John Elway kind of knows what he's doing. 



29. Indianapolis Colts


The Picks:

(Round 1) Phillip Dorsett - WR, Miami

(Round 3) D'Joun Smith - CB, Florida Atlantic

(Round 3) Henry Anderson - DE, Stanford


My Favorite Pick: Henry Anderson

My Least Favorite Pick: Phillip Dorsett

Remaining Team Needs: OT, OG, C


I'm a mixed bag on the Colts draft so far. A lot of people like the Phillip Dorsett pick, but I'm not a big fan of it. I think the guy is a T.Y. Hilton clone and sometimes it's not the greatest idea to have two WR's who play identical to each other on the same team. However, if anyone can make it work....it will be Andrew Luck. The Henry Anderson pick was a good one because it fills a need and Stanford defensive lineman tend to be pretty good. Still, the Colts need offensive lineman bad and they've just continued to ignore that. That's not good. 



30. Green Bay Packers


The Picks:

(Round 1) Damarious Randall - S, Arizona State

(Round 2) Quinten Rollins - CB, Miami (OH)

(Round 3) Ty Montgomery - WR, Stanford


My Favorite Pick: Quinten Rollins

My Least Favorite Pick: Damarious Randall

Remaining Team Needs: DT, ILB


I know I should never knock a team like the Packers that consistently nails it on draft night, but the Damarious Randall pick in the first-round confused me. He wasn't even the best safety in the draft and if the Packers have plans on playing him at corner, there were other better pure corners still available on the board....like the guy they got in the second-round. I was a fan of the Ty Montgomery pick though. He continuously torched teams in the Pac-12 and Aaron Rodgers will end up loving this guy. 



31. Seattle Seahawks


The Picks:

(Round 2) Fran Clark - DE, Michigan

(Round 3) Tyler Lockett - WR, Kansas State


My Favorite Pick: Tyler Lockett

My Least Favorite Pick: None


The Seahawks haven't done a lot in the draft so far, and it's hard to hate what they have done so far. Yes, they traded their first-round draft pick. However, they traded it for Jimmy Graham and he's a better player than anyone who was on the board at that time. The Seahawks did get themselves a bit of a steal in the third-round when they took Tyler Lockett out of Kansas State. Lockett could develop into Russell Wilson's #1 option in no time at all. 



32. New England Patriots


The Picks:

(Round 1) Malcolm Brown - DT, Texas

(Round 2) Jordan Richards - S, Stanford

(Round 3) Geneo Grissom - DE, Oklahoma


My Favorite Pick: Malcolm Brown

My Least Favorite Pick: Jordan Richards

Remaining Team Needs: CB


The Patriots getting Malcolm Brown at the end of the first-round was just wrong. This is why the Patriots continue to win championships. Because other teams are drafting like morons, while the Patriots are sitting back and taking talent that drops because the other NFL teams are ran by a bunch of Kevin Costner's. Congrats Bill Belichick. Go ahead and pick up another Super Bowl trophy because it's on the way anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment