Wednesday, March 2, 2016

[Top 10 List] All-Time Favorite NBA Players

Nothing gets people online worked up quite like a top 10 list does. That's why from here on out, you will see a sports-related top 10 list every week here on THE ULTIMATE SPORTS BLOG!

We love speaking our opinion and pissing the readers off and the best way to do that is to rank athletes, sports teams, jerseys, coaches, etc. It's all a very extremely fun process, believe me.

So settle in.

Grab your coffee.

Tell the family to keep it down.



All-Time Favorite NBA Players

That's right. This week I will be ranking my all-time favorite NBA players. Just so you know, I'm a fan of the Portland Trail Blazers so there are more than a few Blazers ranked on this list. I tried not to make it too Blazer heavy though, so you're welcome.

Here are my requirements for making the list:

-YOU HAVE TO BE ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE NBA PLAYERS! 

I don't know how else to explain it, but these are the guys that I have taken a real liken to over the 25+ years I've been following the NBA. They aren't exactly the best players in the league, there's just something about them that I like. Whether it's their personality, their ability to dunk (a HUGE factor apparently), the fact that they played on either the Blazers or the early-00's Sacramento Kings, or I just loved watching them play the game.

Got it?

Before we start, I must remind you. This is MY list. If you bitch about what I like, I must remind you that you're a control freak who hates it when people don't think the same as you. In other words, you belong on Facebook, not on my blog.



Honorable Mentions:



Charles Barkley




Shaquille O'Neal



And now, the TOP 10!......



10. Peja Stojakovic


I mentioned earlier that I loved the late 90's-early 00's Sacramento Kings teams. Peja was one of the main reasons why. Peja was an absolutely amazing shooter. Not only was he fun to watch in games, but he was also fun to play with on NBA Live, back when that series was actually playable. If you aren't a Blazer or an incredible dunker, than you better be a lights out shooter to get my attention. Peja was the exact definition of that at one-time.



9. Jason Williams


Come on now. Who didn't like "White Chocolate" and his amazing passes and insane shots? The NBA hasn't been the same since Williams left the league. I'm not a jersey guy by any means (men shouldn't wear jerseys, they just shouldn't), but I will admit. I own a Sacramento Kings/Jason Williams jersey and I'm not ashamed of it at all.



8. Rasheed Wallace


Oh, Rasheed. How we miss you in Rip City. Say what you want about Rasheed Wallace and his inability to control his emotions, but that's one of the reasons he's one of my all-time favorite players. Wallace was one of the most polarizing players on one of the best all-time Portland Trail Blazers teams (a team that was THIS close to winning an NBA title). No matter when you turned into Blazers games, it was almost a guarantee that Rasheed would do something that would have you shaking your head. Good lord, I miss this guy.



7. Shawn Kemp


Shawn Kemp is awesome. When Kemp arrived in the league, he took it by storm. He was an amazing dunker who immediately became a fan favorite in Seattle. Then something happened. Kemp couldn't keep his hands off of women and food and ended up getting....well.....he got fat. Let's just be blunt here. Kemp put on some serious weight, but do you think that mattered to him? HELL NO! He kept playing in the NBA anyway and it was amazing. I'll never forget fat Shawn Kemp and his wonky-looking shot when he was playing for the Trail Blazers late in his career. God bless you man.



6. Chris Webber


This one is hard to explain for me as I don't really know what it is about Chris Webber that I always liked. Part of the main reason I like Webber is because he was on that Sacramento Kings team that I was a huge fan of back in the day. The reason I liked that team so much is because I HATE the Los Angeles Lakers and the Kings were constantly a thorn in the side of Kobe & Shaq. You know who the face of that Kings team was? That's right. Chris Webber. Maybe that's where my admiration for him comes from?



5. Brandon Roy


Oh man. What could have been. Everyone knows the story about Roy, but I'll mention it again anyway despite the utter sadness it brings to me. The Blazers traded for Brandon Roy during the NBA Draft. He quickly became one of the best players in the league. Then his body fell apart and he had to retire from the NBA after only five seasons. The whole thing made Blazers fans absolutely sick, but we all still love Roy with every ounce of our beings. The time he did get to play in Portland was amazing and is something we will never forget.



4. Damian Lillard


The new face of the Blazers franchise is likely only going to move UP this list if he keeps playing like he does. If Lillard manages to bring a championship to Rip City, I'm sure he'll move all the way to #1 on this list. The guy just has "it" and if you're a Blazers fan who can't get behind Lillard and what he's done in his short career for this franchise, then politely turn your jersey in and find another NBA team to cheer for. When it's all said and done, it wouldn't shock me to see this guy go down as the best player in franchise history. Yes. I said it.



3. Clyde Drexler


If Lillard is going to end up as the best Blazer ever, this is the guy he's going to have to overthrow. Clyde "The Glide" is the best Blazer of all-time and is still likely the most popular player in franchise history. The guy is a hero in Rip City and if you speak bad about him, people get murdered. No joke. We take our love for Drexler extremely serious around these parts. He was the best player on the team in arguably the team's most successful run. The only shocker here should be that Drexler isn't ranked #1 on this list.



2. Vince Carter


Vinsanity is the main reason I'm an NBA fan right now. I was a pretty big NBA fan growing up, but I kind of stopped following the sport after the end of the Jordan/Bulls-era. I started getting heavily into skateboarding and didn't really care for organized sports anymore, especially the NBA. And then Vince Carter arrived. For some reason, something told me to watch All-Star weekend in 2000 and I'm glad I did. That's when I was introduced to Vinsanity and watching him dominate in the Slam Dunk Contest pretty much ensured that I had a new man-crush on my hands. I became a pretty big Toronto Raptors fan (the Vince Carter/Tracy McGrady Raptors were young and awesome back in the day) after that and I started buying anything and everything Vince Carter-related (I still have a life size poster of Carter hanging in my house to this day). Vince is my dude and he would be #1 in my NBA heart if it wasn't for.....




1. Michael Jordan


Duh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment