Friday, February 27, 2015

The Ultimate Football Hottie Tournament: NFC Divisional Round!

Hi, hello & welcome to the Divisional Round of the Ultimate Football Hottie Tournament! I'm Steve Cook, and thanks for joining us for the biggest tournament in the history of the Ultimate Football Blog! We've finished the 1st round, now we're crowning division champions!

Here's a brief explanation of the rules of the tournament in case you're just joining us.

-Every NFL team has a representative. The representatives are connected to the teams either by fandom, employment, or a connection to a player on the team.

-Seeds are determined by how the teams finished the 2014 regular season, and the brackets are divided by the NFL conferences & divisions. After the divisional rounds, the AFC East winner will go against the AFC North winner while the AFC South winner will go against the AFC West winner in the conference semi-finals. The same will apply to the NFC side of the bracket.

We already did the AFC side of the bracket, so here's the NFC side!

-The matchups will be voted on by the Ultimate Football Blog staff, consisting of Dustin James, Jeremy Lambert & myself.

NFC East

This division has been all about athletics so far, and with the exception of Lindsey Vonn I'd say these ladies are currently the best athletes in the entire field. (I haven't seen Summer Sanders swim in quite awhile)

#4 Washington: Caroline Wozniacki



#2 Philadelphia Eagles: Nikki & Brie Bella



Jeremy Lambert: Once again, I'm 100% positive that the Bellas can't name a single player on the Eagles. So I'm going to Caroline.

Dustin James: Nikki & Brie Bella - If Brie is in "Brie Mode", there's no way the Bella's are losing this thing. Plus, with Nikki around.....there's always a chance a nipple slips out. Good lord. The Bella's are winning this thing.

Steve Cook: As much as I love the Bellas, and there's a pretty good chance that one of them will top the next 411 Wrestling Hot 100 if I end up doing one this year, we do need to address the point that they are bandwagon jumpers.







No loyalty. I'm not sure Caroline knows much about football outside of her boyfriend, but I bet she won't be running around wearing other teams' jerseys. Caroline gets the upset, and let's face it, Washington needs something good to happen this year. They've had a rough time of it.

Caroline Wozniacki advances 2-1

NFC North

This is one of the most interesting matchups of this round to me. Ponder has the sports media cred, but Munn has the nerd cred. Which means more?

#1 Green Bay Packers: Olivia Munn



#3 Minnesota Vikings: Samantha Ponder



Jeremy Lambert: Ponder is married to the back-up while Munn is dating the starter. You know what, I'll go with the upset and pick Ponder. She's married to Christian Ponder, she deserves to win something.

Dustin James: Olivia Munn - This time around, I decided to punish Samantha Ponder for being married to Christian. Shame on you.

Steve Cook: Ponder has been ESPN's go-to female for the past couple of years, though I think Britt McHenry is starting to pass her on the depth chart if she hasn't already. Ponder's got college on lockdown & McHenry's getting everythng in the professional genre. I've never been fully on the Ponder bandwagon because she's a media person that married a player, and I think Munn's better in pretty much every area that would apply to this tournament anyway, so this is an easy pick for me.

Olivia Munn advances 2-1

NFC South

The NFC South is representing a lot better in this competition than they did in the regular season, but only one can leave this round.

#1 Carolina Panthers: Brooklyn Decker



#2 New Orleans Saints: Britney Spears



Jeremy Lambert: Just like the Panthers dominated the Saints in their final regular season match-up, Decker dominates Spears. Both are loyal fans, but it's 2015 and Decker wins the "hot vote" by a mile.

Dustin James: Brooklyn Decker - Oops, I did it again. No way Decker's losing to anyone.

Steve Cook: I think Britney in her prime takes the win, but since it's 2015 I have to say the right decision was made. I'm just glad I didn't have to cast the vote here. I think Brooklyn is the NFC favorite at this point due to the fact that Lambert isn't going to vote anybody over her due to his Carolina Panther & Dan Patrick fandom.

Brooklyn Decker advances 2-0

NFC West

We end the divisional round with a matchup that could very well have been a final. I'm hoping that Dustin & Jeremy keep me from having to pick this one.

#1 Seattle Seahawks: Chrissy Teigen



#3 San Francisco 49ers: Alison Brie



Jeremy Lambert: Annie's Boobs

Dustin James: Alison Brie - I'm going with Alison Brie because I heard she can cook a mean lasagna. What can I say? My voting criteria is very sketchy.

Steve Cook: I like Chrissy but this is absolutely the right choice. The battle between Brooklyn's & Annie's Boobs should be an interesting one.

Alison Brie advances 2-0

Here's the updated NFC bracket!



We've crowned our Division Champions. Join us next time for the Conference Semi-Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment