Thursday, June 25, 2015

NBA Draft LIVE BLOG

This is a football website....I know. But the NBA Draft is tonight and I absolutely love it, so WHY NOT DO A LIVE BLOG????




You will find all my thoughts on the lottery part of the NBA Draft, right here as the draft happens, so continue to check back.


2015 NBA Draft Round 1 (LOTTERY TEAMS ONLY) LIVE BLOG:


1. Minnesota Timberwolves select......Karl Anthony Towns (PF/C) Kentucky

The right pick. Why? Because everyone seems to think so. I don't usually tend to argue with EVERYONE.





2. Los Angeles Lakers select.......D'Angelo Russell (PG) Ohio State

This was a stupid pick, but only because I hate the Lakers. D'Angelo Russell is a hell of a player though and I'm sure he will be a force in the NBA in a few years. He will also hate playing with Kobe Bryant because everyone who's ever played with Kobe hates his guts. Retire already Kobe!



3. Philadelphia 76ers select........Jahlil Okafor (PF/C) Duke

I understand you have to take the best player on the board and Okafor is definitely that, but my god, how many BIGS can Philadelphia have? At some point they are going to have to get someone who...I don't know.....SHOOTS THE BASKETBALL?



4. New York Knicks select.........Kristaps Porzingis (PF/C) Somewhere in Europe

The Knicks suck at basketball and they went ahead and drafted a European guy when you can count on one hand how many of these European guys have gone on to be All-Star's in the NBA. Sounds like a great game plan to continue to suck at basketball.



5. Orlando Magic select..........Mario Hezonja (G) Somewhere else in Europe

The Orlando Magic have been in the lottery since Dwight Howard left town. The Orlando Magic will continue to be in the lottery making horrible picks like this.



6. Sacramento Kings select..........Willie Cauley-Stein (PF/C) Kentucky

What a fantastic pick. The Sacramento Kings are a mess right now and now they bring in a player who is a giant goofball in Willie Cauley-Stein. This has the perfect makings of a giant disaster and there's nothing I love more in sports than a giant disaster. Unless it happens to my favorite teams of course. Maybe I'm wrong though? Maybe DeMarcus Cousins gets traded and the two never even share a locker room? Boooooooooo.



7. Denver Nuggets select..........Emmanuel Mudiay (PG) Congo

This was a good pick, but I absolutely despise anything having to do with the sports scene in Denver.





8. Detroit Pistons select.........Stanley Johnson (G/F) Arizona

I actually read the other day that the Detroit Pistons were interested in selecting Stanley Johnson out of Arizona if Mario Hezonja was off the board and lo and behold, that's what actually happened. Sometimes I swear these NBA guys just make stuff up to get a story (CELTICS INTERESTED IN OKAFOR IF HE SLIPS TO 3, etc) so you never know what to believe. That's all part of the fun though. Johnson's a good player though. He gave me a lot of nightmares this past season and I'm sure he'll be a fine pro like all those other Arizona Wildcats (LOL). 



9. Charlotte Hornets select.........Frank Kaminsky (F) Wisconsin

Man, it's been a fantastic last two days for Hornets fans. Not only did they get Nic Batum (a player who had worn out his welcome in Portland) from the Portland Trailblazers yesterday, but today they get FRANK "THE TANK" KAMINSKY! The Hornets are not only getting a decent basketball player, but they are also getting this:


Winner winner, chicken dinner.



10. Miami Heat select........Justise Winslow (F) Duke

Of course. The one player that I was really hoping the Trailblazers would trade up to get, goes to the worst fan base in the NBA. Sometimes life just isn't fair. Enjoy the "fair" weather in Miami, Justise. 



11. Indiana Pacers select.........Myles Turner (C) Texas

FOR SALE:




12. Utah Jazz select........Trey Lyles (PF) Kentucky

We should change the name of the NBA Draft to "NBA Teams Pick Players From The University of Kentucky". I know it's a long name, but I think it's something that people can eventually become accustomed to. As for the pick itself, I think the best thing I can say is....fuck the Jazz. And that's me being nice people. 



13. Phoenix Suns select..........Devin Booker (SG) Kentucky

Another pick. Another Kentucky player. Booker could end up being a phenomenal player in the league real quick. He was another guy I was hoping the Blazers would eventually trade up to get, but I knew it was a pipe dream. Unfortunately he goes to a team that already gave the Blazers nightmares in the Phoenix Suns. Today is not a good day for Blazers fans.



14. Oklahoma City Thunder select.........Cameron Payne (G) Murray State

I don't know a whole lot about Cameron Payne, but my buddy Jeremy Lambert is a Thunder fan and he said years ago when the Blazers drafted Damian Lillard that he must suck because he came from a "small school". Well, Cameron Payne must suck to then. 





And that's it for pick-by-pick coverage (I only wanted to do the lottery). If you liked this, feel free to give me a feedback and maybe I'll do it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment