Monday, December 28, 2015

The 2015-16 College Football End of the Year Round-Up: Sun Belt Conference

The college football season is pretty much over, so that means it's time to go back and look at how each team performed this season. We will also take a look back at how I did on my predictions. Yes, unlike most sports writers, I'm not ashamed to bring up my predictions regardless of how awful they may have been. How do I prove to you guys that I actually know what I'm talking about? By looking back and seeing how my predictions turned out (and I have to admit....they're pretty solid).

So, with all that said.....it's time for the LAST College Football Round-Up for MANY MOONS....




The 2015-16 College Football Round-Up

End of the Year Review







1. Arkansas State Red Wolves



Overall Record: 9-4

Conference Record: 8-0

Wins: Missouri State, Idaho, South Alabama, Louisiana-Lafayette, Georgia State, Appalachian State, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, Texas State

Losses: USC, Missouri, Toledo, Louisiana Tech

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Rice

Actual Bowl Game: New Orleans Bowl vs. Louisiana Tech



2. Appalachian State Mountaineers



Overall Record: 11-2

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Howard, Old Dominion, Wyoming, Georgia State, Louisiana-Monroe, Georgia Southern, Troy, Idaho, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama, Ohio

Losses: Clemson, Arkansas State

My Predicted Record: 10-2 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: GoDaddy.com vs. Western Michigan

Actual Bowl Game: Camellia Bowl vs. Ohio



3. Georgia Southern Eagles



Overall Record: 9-4

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Western Michigan, The Citadel, Idaho, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, Texas State, Troy, South Alabama, Bowling Green

Losses: West Virginia, Appalachian State, Georgia, Georgia State

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Camellia Bowl vs. Ohio

Actual Bowl Game: GoDaddy.com Bowl vs. Bowling Green



4. Georgia State Panthers



Overall Record: 6-7

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: New Mexico State, Ball State, Texas State, South Alabama, Troy, Georgia Southern

Losses: Charlotte, Oregon, Liberty, Appalachian State, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (0-8)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Cure Bowl vs. San Jose State



5. South Alabama Jaguars



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Gardner-Webb, San Diego State, Troy, Idaho, Louisiana-Lafayette

Losses: Nebraska, N.C. State, Arkansas State, Texas State, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State

My Predicted Record: 4-8 (3-5)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



6. Troy Trojans



Overall Record: 4-8

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Charleston-Southern, New Mexico State, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana-Lafayette

Losses: N.C. State, Wisconsin, South Alabama, Mississippi State, Idaho, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



7. Idaho Vandals



Overall Record: 4-8

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Wofford, Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, Texas State

Losses: Ohio, USC, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, New Mexico State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, Auburn

My Predicted Record: 1-11 (0-8)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



8. Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns



Overall Record: 4-8

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Northwestern State, Texas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Georgia State

Losses: Kentucky, Akron, Louisiana Tech, Arkansas State, South Alabama, New Mexico State, Appalachian State, Troy

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: R+L Carriers Bowl vs. Michigan

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



9. New Mexico State Aggies



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Idaho, Texas State, Louisiana-Lafayette

Losses: Florida, Georgia State, UTEP, New Mexico, Ole Miss, Georgia Southern, Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (3-5)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



10. Texas State Bobcats



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Prairie View A&M, South Alabama, Louisiana-Monroe

Losses: Florida State, Southern Mississippi, Houston, Louisiana-Lafayette, Georgia Southern, New Mexico State, Georgia State, Idaho, Arkansas State

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Austin Bowl vs. Minnesota

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



11. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks



Overall Record: 2-11

Conference Record: 1-7

Wins: Nicholls State, New Mexico State

Losses: Georgia, Alabama, Georgia Southern, Tulsa, Appalchian State, Idaho, Louisiana-Lafayette, Troy, Arkansas State, Texas State, Hawaii

My Predicted Record: 6-7 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Cure Bowl vs. Army

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment