Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The 2015-16 College Football End of the Year Round-Up: Conference U.S.A.

The college football season is pretty much over, so that means it's time to go back and look at how each team performed this season. We will also take a look back at how I did on my predictions. Yes, unlike most sports writers, I'm not ashamed to bring up my predictions regardless of how awful they may have been. How do I prove to you guys that I actually know what I'm talking about? By looking back and seeing how my predictions turned out (and I have to admit....they're pretty solid).

So, with all that said.....it's time for the LAST College Football Round-Up for MANY MOONS....




The 2015-16 College Football Round-Up

End of the Year Review








1. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers




Overall Record: 12-2

Conference Record: 8-0

Wins: Vanderbilt, Louisiana Tech, Miami (OH), Rice, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, FIU, Marshall, Southern Mississippi 

Losses: Indiana, LSU

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (8-0)

My Predicted Bowl Game: St. Petersburg Bowl vs. Toledo

Actual Bowl Game: Miami Beach Bowl vs. South Florida




2. Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles



Overall Record: 9-5

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Austin Peay, Texas State, North Texas, UTSA, Charlotte, UTEP, Rice, Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech

Losses: Mississippi State, Nebraska, Marshall, Western Kentucky, Washington

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Washington



3. Marshall Thundering Herd



Overall Record: 10-3

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Purdue, Norfolk State, Kent State, Old Dominion, Southern Mississippi, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, Charlotte, FIU, Connecticut

Losses: Ohio, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky

My Predicted Record: 11-2 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Arizona Bowl vs. San Diego State

Actual Bowl Game: St. Petersburg Bowl vs. Connecticut



4. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs



Overall Record: 9-4

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Southern, FIU, Louisiana-Lafayette, UTSA, Middle Tennessee, Rice, North Texas, UTEP, Arkansas State

Losses: Western Kentucky, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Southern Mississippi 

My Predicted Record: 11-2 (8-0)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Bahamas Bowl vs. Northern Illinois

Actual Bowl Game: R+L Carriers Bowl vs. Arkansas State



5. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Jackson State, Charlotte, FIU, Marshall, Florida Atlantic, North Texas, UTSA

Losses: Alabama, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Western Michigan

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: New Mexico Bowl vs. Fresno State

Actual Bowl Game: Bahamas Bowl vs. Western Michigan



6. Florida International Golden Panthers



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: UCF, N.C. Central, UTEP, Old Dominion, Charlotte

Losses: Indiana, Louisiana Tech, UMass, Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Western Kentucky

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



6. Old Dominion Monarchs



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Eastern Michigan, Norfolk State, Charlotte, UTSA, UTEP

Losses: N.C. State, Appalachian State, Marshall, FIU, Western Kentucky, Southern Mississippi, Florida Atlantic

My Predicted Record: 4-8 (3-5)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



6. Rice Owls



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Wagner, North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Army, Charlotte

Losses: Texas, Baylor, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, UTEP, Southern Mississippi, UTSA

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Arkansas State

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



6. UTEP Miners



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: New Mexico State, Incarnate Word, Florida Atlantic, Rice, North Texas

Losses: Arkansas, Texas Tech, UTSA, FIU, Southern Mississippi, Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Miami Beach Bowl vs. Navy

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



10. Florida Atlantic Owls



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Charlotte, FIU, Old Dominion 

Losses: Tulsa, Miami (FL), Buffalo, Rice, Marshall, UTEP, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Florida

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



10. UTSA Road Runners



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: UTEP, Charlotte, Rice

Losses: Arizona, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Southern Mississippi, North Texas, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee

My Predicted Record: 0-12 (0-8)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



12. North Texas Mean Green



Overall Record: 1-11

Conference Record: 1-7

Wins: UTSA

Losses: SMU, Rice, Iowa, Southern Mississippi, Portland State, Western Kentucky, Marshall, Louisiana Tech, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee, UTEP

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



13. Charlotte 49ers



Overall Record: 2-10

Conference Record: 0-8

Wins: Georgia State, Presbyterian

Losses: Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, Temple, Old Dominion, Southern Mississippi, Marshall, FIU, UTSA, Kentucky, Rice

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment