Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The 2015-16 College Football End of the Year Round-Up: MAC

The college football season is pretty much over, so that means it's time to go back and look at how each team performed this season. We will also take a look back at how I did on my predictions. Yes, unlike most sports writers, I'm not ashamed to bring up my predictions regardless of how awful they may have been. How do I prove to you guys that I actually know what I'm talking about? By looking back and seeing how my predictions turned out (and I have to admit....they're pretty solid).

So, with all that said.....it's time for the LAST College Football Round-Up for MANY MOONS....




The 2015-16 College Football Round-Up

End of the Year Review









1. Bowling Green Falcons




Overall Record: 10-4

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Maryland, Purdue, Buffalo, UMass, Akron, Kent State, Ohio, Western Michigan, Ball State, Northern Illinois 

Losses: Tennessee, Memphis, Toledo, Georgia Southern

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (6-2)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Boca Raton Bowl vs. UCF

Actual Bowl Game: GoDaddy.com Bowl vs. Georgia Southern




2. Toledo Rockets



Overall Record: 10-2

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Arkansas, Iowa State, Arkansas State, Ball State, Kent State, Eastern Michigan, UMass, Central Michigan, Bowling Green, Temple

Losses: Northern Illinois, Western Michigan

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: St. Petersburg Bowl vs. Western Kentucky

Actual Bowl Game: Boca Raton Bowl vs. Temple



3. Northern Illinois Huskies



Overall Record: 8-6

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: UNLV, Murray State, Ball State, Miami (OH), Eastern Michigan, Toledo, Buffalo, Western Michigan

Losses: Ohio State, Boston College, Central Michigan, Ohio, Bowling Green, Boise State

My Predicted Record: 10-3 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Bahamas Bowl vs. Louisiana Tech

Actual Bowl Game: Poinsettia Bowl vs. Boise State



4. Western Michigan Broncos



Overall Record: 8-5

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Murray State, Central Michigan, Ohio, Miami (OH), Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Toledo, Middle Tennessee

Losses: Michigan State, Georgia Southern, Ohio State, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (6-2)

My Predicted Bowl Game: GoDaddy.com Bowl vs. Appalachian State

Actual Bowl Game: Bahamas Bowl vs. Middle Tennessee



Central Michigan Chippewas



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Monmouth, Northern Illinois, Buffalo, Ball State, Akron, Kent State, Eastern Michigan

Losses: Oklahoma State, Syracuse, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Toledo, Minnesota

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Quick Lane Bowl vs. Minnesota



6. Ohio Bobcats



Overall Record: 8-5

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Idaho, Marshall, SE Louisiana, Akron, Miami (OH), Kent State, Ball State, Northern Illinois

Losses: Minnesota, Western Michigan, Buffalo, Bowling Green, Appalachian State

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Camellia Bowl vs. Georgia Southern

Actual Bowl Game: Camellia Bowl vs. Appalachian State



7. Akron Zips



Overall Record: 8-5

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Savannah State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Eastern Michigan, UMass, Miami (OH), Buffalo, Kent State, Utah State

Losses: Oklahoma, Pittsburgh, Ohio, Bowling Green, Central Michigan

My Predicted Record: 8-5 (6-2)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Poinsettia Bowl vs. Colorado State

Actual Bowl Game: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Utah State



8. Buffalo Bulls



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Albany, Florida Atlantic, Ohio, Miami (OH), Kent State

Losses: Penn State, Nevada, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Akron, UMass

My Predicted Record: 4-8 (3-5)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



9. Kent State Golden Flashes



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Delaware State, Miami (OH), UMass

Losses: Illinois, Minnesota, Marshall, Toledo, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Ohio, Central Michigan, Akron

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



9. Miami (OH) Redhawks



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Presbyterian, Eastern Michigan, UMass

Losses: Wisconsin, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Kent State, Ohio, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Buffalo, Akron

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



9. UMass Minutemen



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: FIU, Eastern Michigan, Buffalo

Losses: Colorado, Temple, Notre Dame, Bowling Green, Kent State, Toledo, Ball State, Akron, Miami (OH)

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



9. Ball State Cardinals



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: VMI, Eastern Michigan, UMass

Losses: Texas A&M, Northwestern, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Georgia State, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Ohio, Bowling Green

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (3-5)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



13. Eastern Michigan Eagles



Overall Record: 1-11

Conference Record: 0-8

Wins: Wyoming

Losses: Old Dominion, Ball State, Army, LSU, Akron, Toledo, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Miami (OH), UMass, Central Michigan

My Predicted Record: 1-11 (0-8)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment