Thursday, December 31, 2015

The 2015-16 College Football End of the Year Round-Up: Mountain West

The college football season is pretty much over, so that means it's time to go back and look at how each team performed this season. We will also take a look back at how I did on my predictions. Yes, unlike most sports writers, I'm not ashamed to bring up my predictions regardless of how awful they may have been. How do I prove to you guys that I actually know what I'm talking about? By looking back and seeing how my predictions turned out (and I have to admit....they're pretty solid).

So, with all that said.....it's time for the LAST College Football Round-Up for MANY MOONS....




The 2015-16 College Football Round-Up

End of the Year Review









1. San Diego State Aztecs



Overall Record: 11-3

Conference Record: 8-0

Wins: San Diego, Fresno State, Hawaii, San Jose State, Utah State, Colorado State, Wyoming, UNLV, Nevada, Air Force, Cincinnati

Losses: California, South Alabama, Penn State

My Predicted Record: 9-4 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Arizona Bowl vs. Marshall

Actual Bowl Game: Hawaii Bowl vs. Cincinnati




2. Air Force Falcons



Overall Record: 8-6

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Morgan State, San Jose State, Wyoming, Fresno State, Hawaii, Army, Utah State, Boise State

Losses: Michigan State, Navy, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, California

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Hawaii Bowl vs. Memphis

Actual Bowl Game: Armed Forces Bowl vs. California



3. Boise State Broncos



Overall Record: 9-4 

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Washington, Idaho State, Virginia, Hawaii, Colorado State, Wyoming, UNLV, San Jose State, Northern Illinois

Losses: BYU, Utah State, New Mexico, Air Force

My Predicted Record: 12-1 (8-0)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame

Actual Bowl Game: Poinsettia Bowl vs. Northern Illinois



4. Colorado State Rams



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Savannah State, UTSA, Air Force, Wyoming, UNLV, New Mexico, Fresno State

Losses: Minnesota, Colorado, Utah State, Boise State, San Diego State, Nevada

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (6-2)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Poinsettia Bowl vs. Akron

Actual Bowl Game: Arizona Bowl vs. Nevada



5. New Mexico Lobos



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Mississippi Valley State, Wyoming, New Mexico State, Hawaii, Utah State, Boise State, Air Force

Losses: Tulsa, Arizona State, Nevada, San Jose State, Colorado State, Arizona

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: New Mexico Bowl vs. Arizona



6. Utah State Aggies



Overall Record: 6-7

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Southern Utah, Colorado State, Fresno State, Boise State, Wyoming, Nevada

Losses: Utah, Washington, San Diego State, New Mexico, Air Force, BYU, Akron

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. UMass Minutemen

Actual Bowl Game: Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. Akron



7. Nevada Wolfpack



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 4-4

Wins: UC Davis, Buffalo, New Mexico, Hawaii, Fresno State, San Jose State, Colorado State

Losses: Arizona, Texas A&M, UNLV, Wyoming, Utah State, San Diego State

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Armed Forces Bowl vs. Penn State

Actual Bowl Game: Arizona Bowl vs. Colorado State



8. San Jose State Spartans



Overall Record: 6-7

Conference Record: 4-4

Wins: New Hampshire, Fresno State, UNLV, New Mexico, Hawaii, Georgia State

Losses: Air Force, Oregon State, Auburn, San Diego State, BYU, Nevada, Boise State

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Cure Bowl vs. Georgia State




9. Fresno State Bulldogs



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Abilene Christian, UNLV, Hawaii

Losses: Ole Miss, Utah, San Jose State, San Diego State, Utah State, Air Force, Nevada, BYU, Colorado State

My Predicted Record: 6-6 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: New Mexico Bowl vs. Middle Tennessee

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



10. UNLV Rebels



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Idaho State, Nevada, Hawaii

Losses: Northern Illinois, UCLA, Michigan, San Jose State, Fresno State, Boise State, Colorado State, San Diego State, Wyoming

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



11. Wyoming Cowboys



Overall Record: 2-10

Conference Record: 2-6

Wins: Nevada, UNLV

Losses: North Dakota, Eastern Michigan, Washington State, New Mexico, Appalachian State, Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, Colorado State, San Diego State

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



12. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors



Overall Record: 3-10

Conference Record: 0-8

Wins: Colorado, U.C. Davis, Louisiana-Monroe

Losses: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boise State, San Diego State, New Mexico, Nevada, Air Force, UNLV, Fresno State, San Jose State

My Predicted Record: 3-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment