Friday, January 1, 2016

The 2015-16 College Football End of the Year Round-Up: American Athletic

The college football season is pretty much over, so that means it's time to go back and look at how each team performed this season. We will also take a look back at how I did on my predictions. Yes, unlike most sports writers, I'm not ashamed to bring up my predictions regardless of how awful they may have been. How do I prove to you guys that I actually know what I'm talking about? By looking back and seeing how my predictions turned out (and I have to admit....they're pretty solid).

So, with all that said.....it's time for the LAST College Football Round-Up for MANY MOONS....




The 2015-16 College Football Round-Up

End of the Year Review








1. Houston Cougars



Overall Record: 13-1

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Tennessee Tech, Louisville, Texas State, Tulsa, SMU, Tulane, UCF, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Memphis, Navy, Temple, Florida State

Losses: Connecticut 

My Predicted Record: 9-3 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Military Bowl vs. North Carolina

Actual Bowl Game: Peach Bowl vs. Florida State




2. Navy Midshipmen




Overall Record: 11-2

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Colgate, East Carolina, Connecticut, Air Force, Tulane, USF, Memphis, SMU, Tulsa, Army, Pittsburgh

Losses: Notre Dame, Houston

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Miami Beach Bowl vs. UTEP

Actual Bowl Game: Military Bowl vs. Pittsburgh



3. Temple Owls



Overall Record: 10-4

Conference Record: 7-1

Wins: Penn State, Cincinnati, UMass, Charlotte, Tulane, UCF, East Carolina, SMU, Memphis, Connecticut

Losses: Notre Dame, USF, Houston, Toledo

My Predicted Record: 8-4 (6-2)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Quick Lane Bowl vs. Maryland

Actual Bowl Game: Boca Raton Bowl vs. Toledo



4. USF Bulls



Overall Record: 8-5

Conference Record: 6-2

Wins: Florida A&M, Syracuse, Connecticut, SMU, East Carolina, Temple, Cincinnati, UCF

Losses: Florida State, Maryland, Memphis, Navy, Western Kentucky

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Miami Beach Bowl vs. Western Kentucky



5. Memphis Tigers



Overall Record: 9-4

Conference Record: 5-3

Wins: Missouri State, Kansas, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, USF, Ole Miss, Tulsa, Tulane, SMU

Losses: Navy, Houston, Temple, Auburn

My Predicted Record: 10-2 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Hawaii Bowl vs. Air Force

Actual Bowl Game: Birmingham Bowl vs. Auburn



6. Cincinnati Bearcats



Overall Record: 7-6

Conference Record: 4-4

Wins: Alabama A&M, Miami (OH), Miami (FL), Connecticut, UCF, Tulsa, East Carolina

Losses: Temple, Memphis, BYU, Houston, USF, San Diego State

My Predicted Record: 9-3 (7-1)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Birmingham Bowl vs. Florida

Actual Bowl Game: Hawaii Bowl vs. San Diego State




7. Connecticut Huskies



Overall Record: 6-7

Conference Record: 4-4

Wins: Villanova, Army, UCF, East Carolina. Tulane, Houston

Losses: Missouri, Navy, BYU, USF, Cincinnati, Temple, Marshall

My Predicted Record: 2-10 (1-7)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: St. Petersburg Bowl vs. Marshall




8. Tulsa Golden Hurricanes



Overall Record: 6-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Florida Atlantic, New Mexico, Louisiana-Monroe, SMU, UCF, Tulane

Losses: Oklahoma, Houston, East Carolina, Memphis, Cincinnati, Navy, Virginia Tech

My Predicted Record: 0-12 (0-8)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: Independence Bowl vs. Virginia Tech



9. East Carolina Pirates



Overall Record: 5-7

Conference Record: 3-5

Wins: Towson, Virginia Tech, SMU, Tulsa, UCF

Losses: Florida, Navy, BYU, Temple, Connecticut, USF, Cincinnati

My Predicted Record: 5-7 (4-4)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



10. Tulane Green Wave



Overall Record: 3-9

Conference Record: 1-7

Wins: Maine, UCF, Army

Losses: Duke, Georgia Tech, Temple, Houston, Navy, Memphis, Connecticut, SMU, Tulsa

My Predicted Record: 3-9 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



11. SMU Mustangs



Overall Record: 2-10

Conference Record: 1-7

Wins: North Texas, Tulane

Losses: Baylor, TCU, James Madison, East Carolina, Houston, USF, Tulsa, Temple, Navy, Memphis

My Predicted Record: 4-8 (2-6)

My Predicted Bowl Game: No bowl game

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game



12. UCF Knights



Overall Record: 0-12

Conference Record: 0-8

Wins: None

Losses: Florida International, Stanford, Furman, South Carolina, Tulane, Connecticut, Temple, Houston, Cincinnati, Tulsa, East Carolina, USF

My Predicted Record: 7-5 (5-3)

My Predicted Bowl Game: Boca Raton Bowl vs. Bowling Green

Actual Bowl Game: No bowl game

No comments:

Post a Comment